NIOSH Publication Number 2010-168c
The Pocket Guide is a source of general industrial hygiene information on several hundred chemicals/classes found in the work environment. Key data provided for each chemical/substance includes chemical/trade names and synonyms; structure/formula; conversion factors; CAS/ RTECS/DOT ID and Guide numbers; NIOSH/OSHA exposure limits; IDLH concentrations; physical description, chemical and physical properties of agents; measurement methods; personal protection/sanitation recommendations; respirator selection recommendations; incompatibilities and reactivities of agents; exposure routes/ symptoms/and target organs; and first aid.
The following selected databases are also available on this CD-ROM:
- Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health Concentrations (IDLHs)
- International Chemical Safety Cards (ICSC)
- NIOSH Manual of Analytical Methods (NMAM)
- OSHA Sampling & Analytical Methods
- Recommendations for Chemical Protective Clothing
- Specific Medical Tests Published for OSHA-Regulated Substances
- Toxicologic Review of Selected Chemicals
- 2008 Emergency Response Guidebook (U.S. DOT)
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a program that allows users to view files in Portable Document Format (PDF). PDF is a universal file format that preserves the appearance of the original document. PDF files can be easily printed but not easily modified. Several documents throughout this Web site are available in PDF. These files contain complex documents with graphs, images, and special text that cannot be presented easily through the typical Web browser. The creator of this file format, Adobe® Systems, offers a free viewer so that you can view any PDF file.
If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat, you can download Acrobat Reader for free.
Exit Notification/Disclaimer Policy
- This graphic notice () means that you are leaving an HHS Web site.
- This external link provides additional information that is consistent with the intended purpose of federal site.
- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) cannot attest to the accuracy of a non-federal site.
- Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.
For more information on exit notifications and disclaimers for non-federal Web sites, the following resources may be helpful:
More information about the software available on this CD -ROM is available in the readme.txt file